The Storage Engine’s Cacheless Architecture
Maximum Data Integrity
StorONE’s optimized Storage Engine writes data at near full storage media speeds, eliminating the need for a write cache. The results are the highest level of data integrity in the industry without any performance degradation.
the Problems with Write CAche
Traditional storage systems, burdened by the legacy storage IO stack, have significant issues in delivering on the performance potential of modern storage media like flash SSDs. To hide these problems they use DRAM as a cache to buffer writes prior to writing to persistent media. It is their performance crutch!
The Negatives of Write Caches:
- Put Data at Risk
- Increased Storage Infrastructure Complexity
- Increased Storage System Costs
the Advantages of DirectWrite
DirectWrite dramatically simplifies the S1 Enterprise Storage Platform’s high availability implementation. Alleviating multiple layers vs. write cache intrinsically enhances data integrity, reduces complexity and cost, and frees system resources
- Modern databases are more reliable using DirectWrite. Even if there is an outage, there is almost zero chance of data loss with DirectWrite.
- For multi-node S1 systems eliminating cache management overhead from S1’s design reduces latency and HA complexity.
- Single node architectures are safer with DirectWrite. Hardware failures are reality, but with StorONE and DirectWrite, you will not lose data while awaiting a parts replacement.
DirectWrite lowers your upfront costs without sacrificing data integrity or performance.
To learn more about DriectWrite, register for our DirectWrite Virtual WhiteBoard Session or set up a personalized demonstration.