S1 – StorONE – Simplicity without Compromise
3 Key Advantages in One Product from One Vendor
MoreThe Lowest CAPEX
5X Greater Density Performance and capacity per RU or save 80%
Total Resource Utilization – extract more from the drives. E.g. 70,000 IOPS/ single SSD. NO need to install proprietary drivers on the host or change any configurations.
IntegratedNew levels of data protection
Use your high performance tier
for complete data protection
Unlimited snapshots with no performance degradation. Any amount of drive failure per volume. NO RAID restrictions!
Unified Enterprise StorageThe Lowest OPEX
Ease of use - Cloud - like flexibility.Single platform with all the services
All storage services, including DATA PROTECTION AND RETENTION working continuously without any performance degradation. NO planning required!
StorONE’s S1 software solution delivers all the improvements in drive technology and innovation – high performance, density, price reduction – to new levels. So you get a future proof solution that delivers persistent integrity, unlimited snapshots, and up to 1.5M IOPS in a 2U, that costs less and is 5X faster. Regardless of hardware or protocols, or whether on-premise or in the cloud.
S1 is everything for everybody. Small, mid-size and large companies, enterprise-level deployments, Cloud and HPC.
More with less and immediate ROI
You get greater density performance and capacity per RU:
- Up to 1.5M IOPS/15 GBps, Up to 368TB physical capacity in a 2U AFA JBOD.
- Up to 10PB HDD in a single cabinet.
- Minimum resources required, a TWO node virtual machine can provide up to 500,000 IOPS / 10GBps.
- Pay less than your annual maintenance contract for the lowest TCO (CAPEX and OPEX). That translates into 5x more performance with minimum drives or slashing 80% off your storage costs. You have the power to decide.
Integrated data protection and retention
Any type of data protection and retention with unlimited snapshots and redundancy per volume, running at all times without performance degradation.
Say goodbye to compromising on data protection to get better performance. With S1 Software-Defined Storage (SDS) you get high performance storage functionalities and integrated data protection in a single solution that supports all protocols, drives, workloads and applications.
With S1, you benefit from any type of data protection and retention all the time – not through the back door by purchasing more system components and integrating “later.”
Full, continuous data protection and retention without compromising on performance
- Unlimited snapshots – Instant, primary, sub-second, full volume backup and restore.
- Data Protection for any redundancy level, configurable per volume.
- Persistent Integrity enables pure virtual machine deployment. No specialized hardware required for consistent failure recovery.
Unified enterprise storage –
Ease of operation with cloud-like flexibility.
S1 is the industry’s first storage solution built the way Software-Defined Storage (SDS) should be. Most of the administrative functions of storage are configured with a few mouse-clicks and are mostly autonomous going forward. By design we completely separated the software from the hardware and you reap the benefits:
- All storage protocols (FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS/SMB and object) are shared on the same drives. All you need is a suitable networking card (HBA or IP).
- You have the ability to mix and match different drives (vendor, performance and density) to get the maximum performance and density you need for your applications.
- There is no need to manage separate systems, plan and scale per protocol.
- You get FC performance for the same price as object storage.
- Get up and running in less than 30 minutes without any hardware restrictions. S1 can be installed on physical or virtual appliances.
- S1 is TRUly hardware agnostic- all appliance vendors (physical and virtual) are supported.
S1 – PRODUCT – A single storage solution that enables it all in ONE product
All enterprise storage layers combined!
Everything to Everybody
It’s not FOUR separate products.
It’s StorONE product
S1 – AFA
SSD and NVMe solution
- Ultra high performance – 70,000 IOPS/ single SSD or 350,000/NVME
- Full data protection and retention without performance degradation
- Doesn’t need any drivers
- Start small with a few drives and get extreme high performance Up to 368TB physical space @ 2U JBOD
S1 – HIGH CAPACITY
Cost effective high capacity
& integrated backup solution
- 10PB in a SINGLE cabinet
- ~1.5PB in 4U JBOD & SSD
- Integrated backup solution (/backup target). Zero-time backup and restore. Unlimited snapshots
- High throughput with HDD
S1 – Virtual appliance
Breakthrough Virtual appliance
- Very low resources & high performance: 2 VM 500,000 IOPS / 10Gbps
- All virtual infrastructure, No need to reinstall
- SUPPORT external ESXis and external physical servers
- Start with single VM
S1 – Auto tiering
Smart auto tiering
- Very high Performance with a few SSDs
- All data protection and retention features are retained across tiers
- Optimized, dynamic tier allocation
Small – Mid – Large – Enterprise – Fortune 500 – Cloud – HPC
S1 TRU STORAGE can be deployed on any commodity off-the-shelf server that meets the following requirements:
- Any x86 64-bit server with a minimum of:
- Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-26XX V2 and newer
- 8 cores or more
- 64GB DRAM or more
- OS disk 64GB or more
- 1 Gbps for management connection port
- Any Network Interface Cards (1/10/25/50/40/100 Gbps) for iSCSI and NAS connections
- Any Fiber Channel HBAs (4/8/16/32/128) for FC connections
- SAS Controller with HBA/JBOD mode
- At least one interconnect high speed Ethernet connection between the nodes (10Gb/s and preferably higher)
- Single-Node or High-Availability (Active-Active, requires SAS disks)
- Virtual Storage Appliance supports:
- VMware ESX
- Oracle VM
- Host initiator supports:
- Redhat Linux
- Oracle Linux
- Disk media supported:
- Management UI: Web browser, Windows, Linux, Mac OS
- Data Protection:
- Erasure Coding, N=1,2,4,8,16,32 K=user-defined (limits by total N+K disks)